We proudly present the advanced SDL Passolo parser for Qt®. It supports the TS file format and provides previews for UI files.
You can download a free 14-day trial version. The manual contains an extensive description with examples.
Installers for the SDL Passolo 2016 add-in for Qt®.
Installers for SDL Passolo 2015 add-in for Qt®
Installers for the SDL Passolo 2011 add-in for Qt®.
Passolo add-in for Qt® user manual.
The SDL Passolo parser for Qt® has the following main characteristics:
- uses unique string identifiers for a reliable update and alignment process.
- supports numerus forms for all languages.
- supports variants for translations.
- has preview capabilities for .ui files.
A standard XML parser, like the one that is delivered standard with SDL Passolo, cannot deal with TS files for the following reasons:
- Strings in TS files often do not have unique string identifiers. It is not possible to do a reliable alignment, because a different sorting order of strings in the translated file will result in misalignments.
- It is possible to define numerus forms in TS files, like for example singular, paucal and plural. The Passolo XML parser will not detect this and simply concatenate all forms to one string.
- The translator may provide variants for a translation. For example a short and long form. Qt will select the translation that fits best, based on the available control size.
Contact us to purchase a license.
This solution is co-developed with CPA Software Engineering UG.comments powered by Disqus